Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring....

         
....And I have cute boots!  Despite my husbands discouragement (yes, he has his own fashion opinions AND expresses them), I jumped on the welly bandwagon last year and bought myself a pair.  This is after a year of waining on the issue right before it rained for a million consecutive days straight.  And then I finally got my boots, and it didn't rain for the longest time. I remember texting my friend the first day it rained, "boot weather - yay!"  I didn't go Hunter though, I went Tretorn and am happy about it!  I stayed with my usual, safe boring shade of grey (but they do have a cute aqua blue stripe detail).  My girl got me thinking yesterday in her nyc post about how a bright colored trench would pair nicely with them.....

Are you in wellies today?

p.s.  Guess it's all about fashion this week over here (it's a break from real life, I guess)... REALLY wishing it was all about Spring, but snow is in our future :( So, tomorrow I'll be posting on snowboots, down jackets, and cozy sweaters...NOT really, but that's but I'll be armored in.  Will winter ever end?
xo,
Bestie

6 comments:

torrie said...

Yes, in fact- I was wearing my Wellies today. But it was not raining. I needed quick boots to slip on, and it's been raining for the past few days and all...!

My husband expressed his opinion too- which is that it doesn't rain enough in CA to justify the $125.00... but he bought 'em for me anyway (#smartman) =).

{thanks for your comment today- or yesterday- made me smile}

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

No rain here today, thank god! I've always wanted a bright colored trench, but sadly don't own one.

Allie said...

My husband asked me what I wanted for our anniversary last year and I promptly answered "Hunter Wellies!" He looked at me like I was nuts but still got them ;) He said as long as they weren't Uggs he was cool with it.

bestie said...

omg, the Uggs kill my husband too :)

Anonymous said...

My sis gave me a pair of Hunter Wellies for my birthday this year. Ever since having kids I tend to wear rain boots a lot more these days, even living in L.A.. They are a must have for puddle jumping (very popular around here).

bestie said...

i totally agree...we are all about the puddle jumping! in fact, it was my two yr old's leopard print wellies that inspired this blog :)