Monday, July 16, 2012

Echo Design



I'm on the rooftop of The James Hotel New York and probably on my second coffee.  (Yes, pinch me please for getting to start out my workday this way).  I am full on lounging in a chaise by the pool and have all my vices (paper, magazines, iPad, camera).  I'm in awe of the view.  It's a cloudy day, 100% change of rain in the forecast, and I have my  bare legs wrapped in a towel.  And then, this ray of sunshines appears onto the deck.  She is perfectly dressed, reminding me of Miss Weather with her yellow welllies, for the expected rain.  She is perfectly friendly so I instantly strike a conversation and compliment her super fun bag.  Turns out she is an account manager for the company behind the bag, Echo Design.  A company that began in 1923 on the wedding day of the founding couple, Edgar and Theresa Hyman. What started as a scarf company evolved into much more over the years.  

The ray of sunshine...

                 



the perfect tote

Echo Design went through many fazes of scarf design, keeping up with the events and trendsof each decade.  A few of my favorite decade designs....


1940's Air Raid Scarf


 I love the different ways they wore scarves in the 1970's, especially around the waist.




Head on over to their beach and swim line for some bold summer pop!







9 comments:

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Love that blue and white cover up!

Taylor Grace said...

Hey! It so good to meet you as well! And about that baby shower, I'd love to hook you up with a book! Give me your info and I'll send one your way if you'd like. Have a great week!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

So fabulous! She's just adorable. And I love the James myself. Not a bad way to start anyday in my opionion :) xoxo

bestie said...

Taylor,
I will order a copy on your site!! Thanks girl! The book is hilarious - I love it! I lived it!!

A Possible Fantasy said...

super cute! love the touches of yellow!

do you want to follow each other (on bloglovin' and gfc)? let me know!
see you around!

www.apossiblefantasy.blogspot.com

Maja said...

I love vintage or something what looks vintage . Yellow boots are so cool :) Would you love to follow each other ?:)

Dawn said...

Bestie, I love this post. I was just dropping to say hi. It's been a while. I think the summer is slow for everyone. I love her outfit and bag. dawn suitcase vignettes xo Talk about being in the right place!!!

Anna @ IHOD said...

That tote is so fantastic. Love the print.
Great round up chica!

Unknown said...

Love the pops of bright yellow :)

http://monstermagpie.blogspot.com/