Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Miles away...


Just recently, I have started reading the travel section in the Sunday Tribune again. I didn't realize that I had quit reading this section until a few months ago when I looked at it like a long forgotten friend. But for the past several years, the only traveling I've been doing is to the grocery store and back. And if I can do it alone, it feels like a vacation, a luxury.

But now that my babies are a preschooler and toddler, I find myself fantasizing about far away places, about exploring nooks and crannies of old neighborhoods and enjoying the tastes of new cuisine. Just simply getting lost in the love affair of traveling.

And for a few short moments, my coffee tastes like an italian espresso, my surface turns into a Parisian cafe table, my newspaper becomes my travel guide and I am miles away.

(I think I will dedicate Tuesday to posts about travel. Where I've been and where I dream about going. Until next Tuesday, let that wine, espresso, or travel section take you away...)

Now, if I could just get over my ridiculous fear of flying that I have seemed to develop since I've had children....

No comments: