Tuesday, September 27, 2011

TWO HOURS



When things get overwhelming and I'm feeling burnt out, I've determined that I need about two hours to reconnect with myself and I begin feeling like me again.  The two hours can be a combination of the following and more:

  • 1 hour yoga class + 1 hr grocery shopping (yes, it can include chores)
  • 2 hour happy hour with the girls
  • 1hr at the gym + 1hr sipping coffee at bucks
  • 1hr stroll down Michigan ave + 1hr walking there and back
  • 2hr dinner with husband
  • anytime spend on the el train or bus (instantly brings me back to my single days)
  • 2hrs shopping for anything, alone
The bottom line is that sometimes you just need to do something, anything that makes you feel refreshed and like your old self again.  I'm curious, what do you do?

late link up with elleinapsir for listography 2011


2 comments:

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

This post is well timed....my answer is in tomorrow's post!

torrie said...

a shower... a cooking show.... a magazine, or book... a little time on the computer... shopping... drinks with friends (coffee or alcohol of course :))... a spin class... time with Ryan...

Most of it involves being alone for a bit- to "refill my cup" so I again have something of myself to GIVE.