Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Next Direct KIDS: Let the kids to the talking AND the styling

When I was asked to participate in a challenge for the NEXT Direct Kids fall line, I immediately agreed!  

The challenge:  To style an outfit using one of five items from the fall line AND to capture your kids saying what they like about it.  My choices couldn't have been more fitting for my two kids AND getting them to talk isn't necessarily a challenge, so fingers crossed and bows tied.


First item:
This too cute for words dress is one that my daughter is going to live in this winter, I can already tell.  She started jumping up and down when the package arrived (I have no idea where she gets this from).
When I suggested she pair it with grey leggings, she was appalled and replied, "BORING."  So, I left the styling up to her.

  
Her favorite things about the dress:
The Stripes (the apple doesn't fall far...)
and the fact that the bow is ON THE DRESS and not in her hair.  Although I may have insisted on a black hairbow for this outfit, but she is usually not into them.

In the few minutes that we spent doing the video, she received three compliments from people who passed us on the sidewalk. Oh, and most thought the leggins came with the dress.


Second item:
This will definitely appear in a "Does this come in my size?" post, because I love it.  Great quality hoody with some fun almost nautical/urban details that will be a staple in my son's closet this fall.  I love it so much that I may just have to order a boys large and hope for the best.

My son chose to style his with a favorite I heart NY tee, red sports watch (you know, for that extra color pop) and his uniform shorts.
His favorite things about the hoody:
"the hoody woody and the pocket wocket" -verbatim


*photos are screengrabs from the video

If you have a girl who lives in dresses and leggings all season, you must check out their fantastic selection of sweater dresses and casual dresses for winter.




After perusing the NEXT site, I realized that they offer cute, fun, and age appropriate clothing at good prices!  Check them out!

You can watch the videos on this youtube channel!

2 comments:

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Love her styling!!!

About Last Weekend said...

So so cute and the kids look like kids still which is what I love!