Monday, February 21, 2011

"Just Because You're Married Doesn't Mean You Can't Dance!"





So who is this random girl on Goodies and Besties? Don't worry followers, I have permission from Bestie herself!

How true is this quote? I doubt that the "young man" who gifted us with this gem knew that it would soon become our mantra.

One thing that I love about girls weekends with my besties is seeing all of us with looks of pure joy on our faces...even while babies are tucked safely in their beds at home with their Daddy's (or in my case...a husband enjoying a night of scotch tasting with the boys) we are young girls again...turning heads and being asked to dance on benches. What I love the most about my besties is that they put themselves on the list...you know what I mean girls...everyone else comes first but us...but my girls know that when it's a girls weekend you have your hands in the air and the cameras out! There isn't one thing wrong with giving yourself a few days to sleep in, get a massage, have a mimosa (or two) in the middle of the day, and shake it for a few hours at a local hot spot.

Now...on to the real reason I am here...the fashion! Sometimes a girls weekend includes a little shopping and in our case that meant Michigan Avenue. We of course hit the high end stores, but I personally love Forever 21. It is perfect for a little "retail therapy" that, because of the low price tag, usually doesn't make a blip on the hubby radar.

Check me out in my girl's weekend purchase...an $18 cardi from Forever 21! Throw it on with J Brand jeans, boots from DSW, a simple black t-shirt, maybe throw in a belt and you are ready for date night with the hubby (hey...hubby's need love too). So girlfriends, put "Firework" by Katy Perry on repeat and rest up for your next dance!


4 comments:

bestie said...

A big welcome to you girlfriend! xx

Elle Sees said...

loveeeeeeeeee girls' night out!

*** said...

Girls night out sounds amazing and you look fab!

torrie said...

Super cute!! Yes- couldn't agree more- with all of it... girls time, putting ourselves ON the list, & F21.

Welcome!