Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Illuminating

About ten years ago, I worked on a commercial launching a new line for Revlon called Skinlights.  
The line had an amazing illuminating moisturizer that created a smooth dewy glow that became the beauty trend of the early millennium.  And ten years ago, I was flying free and hadn't a care in the world, and especially wasn't going to look at the ingredients in a product.  Fast forward a decade, two kids, and not so dewy skin later, I'm still trying to recreate this discontinued product in a natural way.  And I finally found this:  Kiss My Face lotion combined with La Mer foundation.  I actually think you could combine this lotion with any foundation/concealer and get the same outcome.  The combination is light, feels great on this skin, and contains SPF.  Sold, sold and sold.

 + 


4 comments:

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Great trick! I'll try it!

Dawn said...

thank you for this great advice, I have unfortunatley developed an allergy to spf in makeup which sucks. I don't like not having the protection which when worn affects the area around my eyes making them red, dry and sore. I would love to try this...not sure though. Thanks for posting this gorgeous dewy look. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

Allie said...

La Mer foundation...Oh la la! :) Loving the tip and I will certainly check it out. xo

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

So funny! I worked at Revlon when Skinlights came out! Remember it very well :) xoxo