Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Top of the morning to ya!

Cultural Fair hosted by thre pre-ker's this week.  My daughter's class had Ireland.  We ate soda bread, did the jig, sang lullabies in Gailic, and made shamrock necklaces.  Then, we came home and had to recreate the entire thing all afternoon...including baking up some soda bread.  I found this recipe with a 15 minute prep, which means you can double that in kid prep time, but would've definitely made my 10 and under rule had I been flying solo.

Result:  Follow the recipe and you will end up with delicious bread (better than soda bread because who really loves soda bread anyway).  I only used about 1/4 cup raisins, mostly because I only had the little travel boxes and my patience with allowing the kids open each box was bordering zero.  All in all, a tasty treat on a cold night.

Bake for only 35 minutes when using a regular baking dish.






3 comments:

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

sounds perfect. I know 10 min is pretty much all we can handle around here too!

torrie said...

15 minute prep? i can do that. =)

Josie said...

Thank goodness for quick recipes, that's all I can say.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com