Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Super Food

Super Foods (dah dah dah-dah)
We are all inundated with information on the latest super food, but I can't help passing along which heroes I am ramping up in our house this 2012. 
This week it is the walnut.  
What I've read about this nut (going off of memory here-not encyclopedia ready)
High in Vitamin E
Significantly reduces risk of heart attack if eaten daily
Reduces risk of skin diseases (including cancer)
It was the third one that sold me as I've talked about my issues with skin cancer.


How to easily incorporate into your diet:
Eat by the handful (easiest)
On yogurt (easiest)
Mix in with this yummy granola recipe (still easy)
Throw 1/2 cup into your pesto (take a little effort)

6 comments:

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

I love walnuts so much! =)

pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com

alicia said...

love it with the granola recipe!

amy b.s. said...

i so wish i liked nuts!

Unknown said...

all this talk about food has made me hungry x

torrie said...

... & on salad!! (just had on a salad w/ Gorgonzola, pears... the other night- with the chicken pot pie :)).

{thank you for your very nice comment yesterday btw. love that you're using your slow cooker too... think I'm seriously going to use it a couple of times each week- which i felt "guilty" about that at first, but WHY?? ...slow cooker meal #2 will be tomorrow :)}

About Last Weekend said...

Wow, I hadn't heard this was a superfood, I am still stuck on kale, what great news, I Love walnut afgans