1. I don't read news websites very often...in fact, I make a point of it. The articles are too depressing, scary, or just add to my mom paranoia. So I simply avoid them. BUT, the other day I was reading an article and this is what the box at the bottom of the screen said:
Other articles you may enjoy
Michigan man admits to having sex with a horse
Now, the internet seems to know me pretty well, targets me with j. crew ads, mommy stuff, etc... I'll mention a restaurant in this blog and the next day that same restaurant ad is appearing on my FB ads...SO, WHY ON EARTH DID THEY GET THIS ONE SO WRONG?
2. I came home last night to discover my husband on the phone with the Banana Republic card people, pretty much almost yelling at them about the additional late fees they are charging. Oops. You see, I pay the bills, and sometimes, bill paying is just not my priority because things get too busy, and just sometimes I get behind. It pretty much ended in him handing me the phone, saying that they need the cardholder (ME) to cancel the card. "Just cancel it please" So, I am holding the phone and am silent. Kids are super loud and running around in the background. Husband is super ticked at the credit card people and I am frozen.
Covering the mouthpiece, "but this isn't just Banana, it's Gap, Old Navy, Athleta...I get points, they send me reward cards, I get discounts all the time and stuff for the kids." Response: "Just cancel it."
I can only imagine the picture that the customer service rep was developing in her head..kids screaming, it's 8:30pm, husband ticked off at her...and now me. I couldn't help but make a joke to my husband but more for the rep, "She's gonna call the local womens safe house to come get me" (Did anyone watch Curb Your Enthusiasm Sunday?) Anyway, it was a big mess and led me to several thoughts:
- GO PAPERLESS...I don't need to be wasting paper with these bills slash little proofs of my disorganization.
- Put all bills on AUTOPAY directly from by debit card.
3. And finally...I sat down the other day to actually read some articles in a music magazine, ok, it was Rolling Stone. I was thinking that I should just sit, relax, and read something actually on paper, you know, old school. So I read a few articles and let me tell you, they were not well-written, boring, uninformative and a waste of time. When I casually mentioned this to my husband, he totally agreed as he has read the same articles, so it wasn't just me. I would've much rather have read all of your thoughts, friends, and caught up on some blog reading. So I just want to thank you all for your voices, opinions, words, thoughts, photos and everything you share...you are the real writers.
Enjoy your week!