Wednesday, January 09, 2013

san antonio feast

A recent shoot took me to San Antonio for three days.  After the sheer thrill and awe that I actually landed there safely (that may have been boosted by a little Rx assistant), I decided to take in as much as I could in the little time we had in between work commitments.  This resulted in me eating my way through this fine city.

First stop:  La Gloria-Street foods of Mexico.  My first and by far the best meal I had in San Antonio. You can just tell by looking at these chips that they are light and crispy.  My co-workers and I split the three taco plates and ended with the elote- the corn on the cob (I think I'll be trying Rick Bayless' recipe at home - all summer!) 



Next stop was La Fogata for dinner and Margaritas bigger than....well, take a look!  My cute little buddy is a regular size marg on the right.  The texas size marg on the left comes with a frozen beer in it.  That made for a fun client dinner.

Next up was Rudy's REAL TEXAS BBQ for a crew and client lunch on our shoot day.  Served family style with a few loaves of good 'ole white bread and any kind of fruit flavored pop/soda that you could imagine - icing down in the beverage trough.  My choice was a Pepsi from Mexico - gotta go big and REAL when in Texas.  And RUDY'S BBQ sauce is amazing and a bottle is in my fridge right now!  Merry Christmas to me from me.


We ended with an amazing dinner at a steakhouse that's hidden within an outdoor mall (and quite hard to find mind you after a 14hr day).  But we found Perry's Steakhouse along with an amazing ice seafood tower, too die for famous pork chop, and yummy banana's foster.  

When I wasn't eating, I was doing my producing thing in my favorite (and very lived in) kicks and j crew chambray shirt-which for sure is down to a zero price per wear status.  Both perfect for the construction site location backdrops.

boots:  charles david (similar, kinda)

j crew chambray shirt - a closet must have



a san antonio souvenir for kringle


Still need a ton of votes to stay in the Top 25!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Bestie, Happy New Year!! Just dropping by to vote. Love the post on Texas and you are just adorable in your chambray, jeans and boots. I hope to visit Texas someday. dawn suitcase vignettes

bestie said...

thanks, dawn! glad we are back in touch!!

Oh Sunnie Day said...

lol You made me so hungry! All that food sounds delicious :)

xx

jen