Monday, January 14, 2013

yes, tina fey, whatever you say!

Did you watch the Golden Globes?  After I had finally gotten the kids to sleep and poured myself a little white wine spritzer (no comments, please), I cozied up on my lambskin rug and went to "my shows" to watch from the beginning.  Unfortunately, my overbooked tivo chose 60 Minutes over the Globes (wha?) so I had to start 45 minutes in.  During commercials, I watched the opening monologue online after seeing on FB that Tina and Amy killed it!  Those are two fabulously funny women!

I watch the awards shows to see all the fun dresses, hairstyles, and, of course, who wins what.  But I realized that the major takeaway for me is the inspiration that you get from people who have followed their passion in a competitive field (I've sat in commercial casting sessions and seen one hundred people audition for one roll) and the speeches and thank yous that convey this.  Those people are all at the top of their game in their profession. Some have worked harder than others, but most have stories about how they started and had to work for their success.  I can ride on the hope for quite awhile to keep me motivated - it's the same feeling you get after watching a good movie, one that stays in your mind for awhile, makes you think, and inspires you to take that next step towards something, anything.

Two days ago, Huffington Post published this article:  Tina Fey:  '30 Rock' Star's Success Secret: 'Say Yes'
 
"Say yes, and you'll figure it out afterward" has helped me to be more adventurous. It has definitely helped me be less afraid.  -Tina Fe
y

Simple advice, yet inspiring enough for a good kick to get up and do what you want to do.  Go for it.  The only time is now.

via
Don't forget to get your votes in this week!
xo

1 comment:

Mrs C said...

I was just checking out the channels if any of them is showing the Globe but sadly nope. Maybe we'll get to watch it here (Dubai) in a weeks time if we are lucky..bummer, right? Thanks for dropping by my blog by the way :)

Kisses from Dubai!
MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES DAILY
http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/