Sunday, September 26, 2010

FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS!




I cherish any store, restaurant, company that embraces children and allows a mom to shop. The places that don't give the all-knowing, "this is not the place for children" look. Because let's face it, sometimes you have to get something accomplished, sometimes you have to bring your kids, sometimes they go along with it and are perfect angels, and sometimes they are not. That is when you find yourself chasing them around the store, praying that nothing will break, and making way more "deals" in the form of candy and trinket toys, than Parenting magazine would probably recommend.

So, when I walked into Benefit the other day in search of a birthday gift, I was afraid that it was going to be one of "those" times. The crazy switch went off in the kids and they were on the verge of going bananas. I thought that I was going to have to bail when my 4yr old headed out the door so I told the saleslady that I'd come back later. And that is when she asked if the kids would like to draw. Ummm, YES, they would LOVE TO DRAW! What took you so long to ask!? And for the next 20 minutes, I had two perfectly quiet angels drawing in the Benefit Activity Books, while I actually had some makeup applied, shopped for my friend, and had a little moment of bliss. Kudos to Benefit. And smart move, because I am just as much of a sucker for new makeup trends as the next tired worn out mom with bags, a need for primer, and a little tint...

852 West Armitage
Chicago , IL 60614
US
773-880-9192

2 comments:

Josie said...

Oh, I LOVE Benefit! And so fab that they're kid-friendly.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment! Yours is fab; I can't wait for more!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

what a cute gift - love this post - thanks for sharing lovey!!!

PS - come visit my first GIVE-AWAY - $45 worth of fabulous! - don't be shy - pass it along! :o)

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~