Wednesday, November 10, 2010

BREAKFAST BARS



I am a little obsessed with Nigella's Nigella Express cookbook. I have been reading it daily since I got it last week. I tried my first recipe last night and have been munching on them all morning.







RECIPE:

1 14fl oz can condensed milk
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup mixed seed (pumpkin, sesame, sunflower) -i used one full cup pumpkin bc that's what i had. i imagine that sesame would add a really nice flavor
1 cup unsalted natural peanuts

Warm milk in saucepan
Combine all dry ingredients
Fold in milk with dry ingredients

**Here is where I had a bit of a problem, you must fold in milk and make sure that it is evenly distributed...it seems that parts of mine were too dry making it crumble and impossible to keep together as a bar***

Spread mixture into 9 x 13 greased pan

Bake for 1hr at 250 degrees

***Important: wait 15 minutes after removing from oven and cut into squares. I fell asleep last night after only cutting one little square to sleep eat before returning to bed. I should've cut it all at the time because this morning it was really hard to cut...athought it coud be because of earier issue stated above :)***


This isn't breaking any copyright rules is it?


1 comment:

torrie said...

Okay, now this is getting weird. Wednesday, I'm posting my favorite smoothie recipe- from that same book! I LOVE it. Wow, we're on the same 'food wavelength' this week!