Friday, April 29, 2011

ROYAL FRIDAY

10:14pm  Thursday night...a condo somewhere in Chicago....


Husband (walking out of bathroom):   Are you doing your blog for tomorrow?


Me:  I'm trying, but I don't really feel like it.


Husband:  Why, you just aren't inspired (I should'v heard the sarcasm)


Me:  (still staring at my laptop)  No, this weather stinks and it inspires nothing and i've already done a post on wellies....


Husband:  Do you want me to be a guest blogger?


Me:  Yeah...(and at this point I finally look up to see him covered with a blue facial mask)  Omigosh, this is great.  


(now, I grab my phone and go to take a photo when he realizes that this is what I am going to do, he runs)

Husband:  Noooo, everyone will think I'm a closet face masker when really I just want to use up all this product that's taking over the medicine cabinet.  AND I think that talking about me and my face mask on the day of the Royal Wedding is like talking about tiddliwinks on the day of the Super Bowl.  That is a lame post.  I should start my own blog.  



No, I did not wake at 3am to watch the wedding.  I would never intentionally get out of bed in the middle of the night after five years of little people alarm clocks.  And, yes, this is a lame post.
HAPPY ROYAL FRIDAY, BESTIES!
Will be back with a little more excitement next week!
xoxo
bestie

7 comments:

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Ha, I love it. Make sure you tell him all day how great his skin looks!

Dawn said...

Hi, you are so funny and so is your huband. Happy Royal Friday to you too. Thank you for answering my question about linking within the blog. I have not tried it yet but I will. I always look forward to your posts. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes. by the way, have you tried Arbonne skin care system? Dawnxo

torrie said...

Loooooove this. Amen to the part about not waking up.

And for what it's worth, I'd read his blog :). Maybe I could get my husband to read it too. Maybe.

torrie said...

p.s.

I was "not inspired" either, and I couldn't see writing a post if it wasn't wedding related. So kudos to you for 'making it work.'

Ana Degenaar said...

So funny! You're husband is really clever. I should do that!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

The hubs has asked to guest post on our blog too...I'm scared what the result would be. HAHA!

Unknown said...

loves this