Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Books that made me cry

I am joining these lovely ladies (Torrie, Danielle, Emily) in their 2011 Listography. Today's list: Books that make you cry.

1. The Notebook ...And when I saw the movie and it was over and everyone walked out onto the sidewalk people walking by started asking, "what happened?" The moviegoers were still in such tears that people thought there was some tragic news happening.

2. The Lovely Bones...I am not entirely sure that I cried but I could cry now just thinking of the premise of this book. I read this book prior to having children and I could NEVER read it now. In fact, I must limit my reading (no child tragedies, illness, plane crashes) just. cant'. do. it.

Can't think of other at the moment, this will have to be the short list.

6 comments:

torrie said...

Totally agree with you on #2. Could NOT read this book now- NO WAY.

I've seen the Notebook, but really want to read it! Adding to my wish list now.

I'm so glad you're joining us!!!! I look forward to reading your first list- and your other posts that I have missed while I was away as well!

Must tell you that I got the lip balm AND the aquaphor. LOVE both. I used the lip balm every day and am ordering the set of 3 flavors as a little thank you for my MIL right now!

Vanilla said...

I have seen 'The Notebook' but really should read the book :) I'll add it to my to-do list.

Love, Vanilla

http://vanillaheartsstyle.blogspot.com/

Notorious MLE said...

HI, I'm hosting the link this week, so feel free to stop by http://notoriousmle.com and you can add your post ot the list! Ditto that ont he Lovely Bones and Kite Runner. I've heard both are great books, but with a little one at home I'm not sure if I coudl handle it.

Jen said...

These are both major tear jerkers!! The books AND the movies.

Happy Thursday Dear!

Oh, and have entered my EmersonMade giveaway yet?

bestie said...

Torrie, so glad you love the lip balm!

Posted my link on NotoriousMLe, thanks! I wasn't sure where to link up!

Thanks, Jen. Love EmersonMade.

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

I didn't read the Notebook, but the movie did make me cry my eyes out.