Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mad Woman

We are going to a Mad Men themed fundraiser/auction this weekend and I just looked at the invitation that reads:
Mad Men theme attire STRONGLY encouraged
Hmmmmm. Okay.  
I could just buy a pair of white gloves and a pack of Marlboros  and call it a day?! 
But it's worth investigating.
Let's start with some inspiration....
Hopefully, I will be back tomorrow with lots of ideas!


images via AMCTV.com

Do you have any suggestions?   
I am thinking of shopping my closet on this one to see what I could pull together.  

6 comments:

Vanilla said...

I am a HUGE fan of Mad Men :) wish I was going to a Mad Men themed party!

Love, Vanilla

http://vanillaheartsstyle.blogspot.com/

torrie said...

Floral or other brightly patterned dress, or if too cold- an argyle sweater with a thin belt around waist, big hair, eyeliner, red lipstick, chunky necklace, wedges, boots...

How fun!!!

bestie said...

Good tips Torrie!!! Thank you. Love the sweater + skinny belt idea :)

Ana Degenaar said...

So clever! I love it.

Suzanne Anas Jurich said...

That sounds like so much fun!

I am ashamed to admit that I have never watched the show. I know I would love it, but without DVR, I just can't seem to find the time to watch it. :/ ...must get DVR. :)

Dawn said...

I love themed anything...take pictures and have fun...Dawn Suitcase Vignettes