Monday, January 10, 2011

San Jose, Take Me Away...

As the allure of snow, the holidays, and winter starts to subside, I am thinking of warmer places, zen spots, and relaxing moments. These all remind me of the Hotel San Jose in Austin. I once spent two nights at this hotel alone (my friend had left Austin and I was just supposed to stay one night but my flight to ny the next day was cancelled due to weather so I opted to stay here one more night instead of hanging at the airport).

I am not sure if it was because I was alone, or it was just the atmosphere, but this hotel brings a smile to my face. If I could have just one night there right now (and yes, I think alone will do) it would instantly bring me to a zen place.

This is the kind of hotel is it.... It has a huge bowl of green apples in the lobby. They have a small bar and acoustic performances in their courtyard. Room floors are concrete. The pool is nestled in between the rooms and the courtyard and is surrounded by trees. It looks dark not blue. It's lovely. Dr. Bronners products sit in their shower stalls. I don't think the shower stalls have walls or curtains. You can rent typewriters. You can rent bikes. You can borrow their polaroid camera. You can borrow their POLAROID CAMERA! There is an amazing coffee hut next door. There is an amazing mexican restaurant on the other side. There is a famous live music venue across the street. People are friendly. I did not feel alone, but I felt alone. Perfection.....

Maybe you've been? If not, you should go. I am dreaming about it...A girl can dream....

5 comments:

Vanilla said...

Wow this looks like an amazing place :)

Love, Vanilla

http://vanillaheartsstyle.blogspot.com/

My Passport to Style said...

Hi there, I'm new here and loving the warmth of your blog! Have you tried blue mountain coffee its the best coffee to have with your blog! Sharon

torrie said...

Seriously MY kind of place. I have never heard of a hotel that you can rent typewriters... a camera!! WOW. And I'm totally with ya on the "alone" part. When I worked, I'd travel alone at times, and although I missed my family, the time alone was a good thing.

Joslyn said...

this is one of our absolute favorite places! we try to stay there on our anniversary as much as possible. it's magical!

xoox

bestie said...

joslyn,
that's so great! i wish i was closer.